Well I fell off hard here! On New Years I set a goal to write a blog post every week, and I’ve only written 3 so far. That’s only 15 short right? No big deal.
I still don’t think a blog every week is unreasonable, but I tend to get a bit lengthy with it. My brain wants to approach a topic from every angle and write about it like a thesis.
But that’s kinda dumb. It’s difficult, time consuming, and almost no one is going to read it. And ultimately, I’m only writing as a means to supplement my music. A way to broaden my marketing funnel, a way to examine things from different perspectives, a means to crystallize thought. And I found myself spending more time and energy writing than I did actually making music.
I swear I have the most exhausting form of procrastination ever. I will do all the things to avoid doing the one thing that matters. I’ll keep writing, but I will focus more on brevity.
Anyway, an update:
- I plan to perform at an open mic event sometime this year, singing and playing guitar. Because it’s scary.
- Most of my time is being spent teaching Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, at the detriment of my own training. I’m in a bit of slump now. But that’s okay, it’s part of the process. I’m well acquainted with the terrain.
- Meanwhile I’m building more websites, taking on more graphic design gigs, and learning about Digital Marketing.
- In some of my free time, I’ve been playing StarCraft 2. I feel like such a nerd, but there’s something oddly satisfying about the strategy of the game, and the logic behind effectively managing multiple processes simultaneously. Also the game is so goddamn stressful that it has a low probability for addiction, for me at least.
- I completely quit nicotine finally, and holy shit I didn’t think it would mess my brain up so much. What a stupid addiction.
Lastly, I want to share a summary of a book I’m reading: Atomic Habits by James Clear. I wish I could have read this when I was 14 years old.